Tuesday 24 November 2015

DECISIONS!


Just a week ago i met a friend of mine from my city "Bareilly". We had a lovely time, sitting over a cup of coffee. Complete gossip sessions, realizing and talking of how things have all changed and how we could’ve settle down in that city anymore(for now at least). As the night grew lighter, out popped the question, "Richa, it's been almost four years since you got into a relationship, how did you manage?" I looked at her and didn’t want to deny a word of what she asked me. I didn't want to get into a Love Relationship thing ever, anyways i had to tell my story and how I met him and how ours was not a fairy tale story initially.

I don’t know how much of that she took in but she commented, "everyone back in Bareilly are mostly taking about you guys that you had not been seeing each other and things are quite a rumor ." I was wondering What is there to lie about? Why would one be ashamed to tell people that we knew each other for a long time and now someday want to settle down. And obviously, You cannot see ‘love marriages’ as a taboo anymore.

It is the 21st Century ! Many of my cousins had a love Marriage and they are quite open about it.Why would I feel the need to hide the fact I have been dating a guy for a longer time, and it's not a lie. Why can't i take a decision for my own life? I was always a very independent person. From never liking anyone bringing me a glass of water or serving me dinner. Infact for almost one year that I stayed out, i managed my own things(cooking food and washing clothes), made my own Decisions. I developed majorly with my writing and communicating skills. I grew into becoming a more confident person and most important I am financially independent.

I understand the value of money and slowly and gradually, understanding that a bag with a branded logo is of no value(as of now).

In spite of all this why wouldn't I be capable enough to take those Special Decisions of my life?

4 comments:

  1. Good morning Richa, not a bad narration. Your views are appreciated and everyone has a right of their decision and I feel no one should regret their individual decisions especially connected with personal life.

    ReplyDelete