Wednesday 3 February 2016

Gladden@22.

        It was my day off from work, I went into the back drawing-room. It was a dark rainy evening and there was no sound in the hostel. Through one of the broken panes I heard the rain impinge upon the earth, the fine incessant needless of water playing in the sodden beds. Some distant lamp or lighted window gleamed below me. I was thankful that I could see so little. All my senses seemed to desire to veil themselves and, feeling that I was about to slip from them, I pressed the palms of my hands together and let the cool breeze to kiss my face. A smile touched my lips(I could not tell why) and at times a tickle of happiness from my heart seemed to pour itself out into the bosom. I thought little of the past and the future. A sense of how satisfied I was with life grew within me as the time passed.
        
          I always wanted myself to be independent and here I was working with a good brand. Wanted to see my parents proud of me and I had achieved that too. A phase in my life has come where I could take my own decisions and say "No" to the thing which is found were incorrect. Maybe that phase is called "ADOLESCENT'S INITIATION INTO ADULTHOOD". I have started figuring out the balance that is required to maintain the work and life. It feels like I have discovered myself and started understanding the lives of the people around me. Real life is not without problems and solutions are not always easy to find, though I have gained the perspective needed to find a positive self-image.

            At eight o'clock I heard my roommate's latchkey in the hall room. I heard her talking to herself, and when she saw me standing near the window, she came over and asked me was I ok. The tone her voice was not encouraging; she seemed to have spoken to me out of a sense of generosity. I looked humbly at the files she was holding in her hand, and murmured: "Yes, I am ok." Then I turned away slowly and walked down todays my room. I heard a voice call from the hall that the light was out because wires had been effected due to the heavy rain, and now it was completely dark. Gazing up into the darkness I saw myself as an imperturbable creature; and my eyes gladdened with happiness.  

                            
          




          

17 comments:

  1. Nicely written Richa!! you have awesomely represented your feelings in such a small absract.....BTW who's d girl in d pic....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anirudh, m glad you liked it...
    The girl is Richa in Disguise....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm but whts her last name......:-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful writting skills with pure feelings.
    Title is most appropriate.
    Loved it.
    Keep writing😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much..... m glad you liked it... :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful writting skills with pure feelings.
    Title is most appropriate.
    Loved it.
    Keep writing😆

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well written :-) ur writing is very fresh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable..
    L
    Nicely Put Togather..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely and precisely put together. All the Best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Happy!I am really glad that you took time out to read it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Happy!I am really glad that you took time out to read it.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Many Thanks Rajneesh.
      I am glad that u liked it.

      Delete